Buy copyright free artwork

How to Draw a Human Ear

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I have being roaming in the web for some time trying to find out what people want to know about the art of drawing. I understood that a lot of people want to know about how to draw certain parts of human body such as ears, eyes, noses, hands etc. I have found a few tutorials of artists explaining step by step process of drawing of such stuff. Well, I decided to make my own contribution to the how-to-draw information on the Internet. And I decided to begin with the post about how to draw a realistic human ear.


Did you know that ears are one of the most difficult parts of the human body to draw? Very often they are not very much visible on portraits but when it comes to having to draw a highly realistic detailed human ear artists realize that it is not as easy to draw an ear as it might seem. The thing is that a human ear has a comparatively complicated structure. There are not two same pairs of ears in the world as each ear is as identical as a fingerprint. However even a classical form of an ear requires special attention when drawing.


I think that the best way to learn how to draw something is to watch an artist drawing it. That is why I consider any video showing the drawing process to be better than even the best step by step how-to-draw illustrations. Therefore I have made up my mind to make a video clip demonstrating how I draw a human ear. And of course I could not help spicing up my ear drawing with my cross-hatching style.


Drawing a human ear video





The final ear drawing


ear (how to draw ear)

*****

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Articles by Me

Recent visitors

Hire me on oDesk

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2009-2014

Back to TOP