Buy copyright free artwork

Portrait of a Weeping African Woman with a Child

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today I want to show you my portrait of a weeping African woman with a child. I created this portrait for a wonderful African fashion and lifestyle magazine – BHF Magazine. This image was supposed to be a protest against a terrible massacre which had taken place in one of the African countries. It’s really sad to know that there are still countries in the world where women are crying over their murdered husbands and children. I wish God may give wisdom and power to those who can bring peace to all countries of Africa and to all other nations which suffer from violence in their country. I heard a lot of awful stories about what was going on in some African countries like Sierra Leone and others but I still cannot totally wrap my head around how it is to live in constant danger and fear. Fortunately people of Ukraine, the country where I live, have forgotten about the war and can enjoy peace now and I wish the same for all the nations of the globe.


This African woman portrait is particularly interesting because I have used very dense and elaborated cross-hatching here. I used 2H and HB pencils to draw the portrait. The original illustration has the resolution of 3300 x 4374 pixels but I hope this low resolution copy (please, click on the picture below to make the image bigger) will let you enjoy this artwork and hopefully will make you think about how wonderful it would have been if this African woman was crying from happiness only.


African woman portrait


portrait of a weeping African woman with a crying child (drawing by Igor Lukyanov)

*****

9 comments:

L.P. Baker April 30, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

Fantastic drawing, that crosshatching is masterful, and it's a powerfully moving image too. I'm sure they will be extremely pleased with it.

Coreopsis November 7, 2010 at 5:26 AM  

This is a beautiful portrait--certainly inspiring to me from both a technical and emotional standpoint.

MrBibleHead November 9, 2010 at 2:02 PM  

Wow! Amazing work Igor! Such an emotional piece! Really touched me.

Indigene June 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM  

Amazingly poetic and beautiful! Touches so many emotions...in me.

Unknown June 9, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

Amazing portrait, it's very powerful.

Victoriya November 22, 2011 at 2:50 AM  

я плАчу вместе с ними...

Anonymous,  August 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM  

I am soooooo touched I am hurting ryt now. I am a Namibian and I can relate to the portrait, its not just beautiful and sad its a painful reality and well painted. Love it and Good work. Wow.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Articles by Me

Recent visitors

Hire me on oDesk

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2009-2014

Back to TOP