Buy copyright free artwork

Custom Pin-Up for an Australian Woman

Friday, March 18, 2011

I have been recently commissioned to create a custom pin-up portrait for an Australian woman named Tara. She wanted me to draw her as a pin-up girl sitting on a vintage style couch or a chair wearing a sexy black corset and stockings. This pin-up poster was supposed to be a personalized, original gift for her husband.

When I first saw the photos Tara sent me to draw her pin-up from, I immediately told myself that she might be a fan of pin-up art because all – her face, make up , hairstyle and clothing – suggested that this women knew how to use her femininity to blow men’s minds in “pin-up style”. I can imagine how much her husband must appreciate her employing the image of an attractive pin-up girl (I am sure there are a lot of other things he loves her for). The thing is that the key factor of pin-up popularity among men is the fact that pin-up art was created by men for men. You can clearly see it when looking back to the pin-up art history. Most popular pin-up artists were men (just remember popular pin-up posers by Alberto Vargas, George Petty and Gil Elvgren). Undoubtedly, these artists, being men, understood right what normal men are attracted to in a woman. Their talent was not only in drawing pin-up posters technically correct and making realistic seductive pictures, but also in ability to depict an attractive and a bit naughty female without crossing the line into vulgarity and sometimes even bringing in a touch of a cute innocence which entirely conquers men’s hearts. Pin-up influenced a whole generation of men. Its popularity has never faded and will always remain at a decent level, at least as long as men love women (and we all know that their love for women will never end).

Pin-up art is also popular with women as the majority of my clients who commission me for custom pin-ups are women. Well, it’s explained by the fact that classic pin-up art is actually a manual of seduction with iconic images rooted in men’s brains and evoking males’ most private fantasies. And wise women are always aware of the importance of keeping their men attracted to them and maintaining the fire in their men’s hearts.

Now let’s return to the custom pin-up portrait created for Tara. Here is the pin-up I have created along with a work progress video:

Custom pin-up portrait for a woman from Australia


Australian pin-up girl
Pin-up for an Australian woman (this image was eventually changed a little)


Tara commissioned me not only for a personalized pin-up but she also wanted me to draw more detailed portrait for her which I also would like to show here.

Australian woman portrait
Tara also commissioned me to draw a portrait for her


I really hope that my personalized drawings will make a great gift for Tara’s husband and he will love the pin-up image and the portrait of her wife.

Click here to see all my custom pin-ups on this blog
All my pin-up videos

Related posts:
Pin-Up Art with a Car
Custom pin-up picture for Cindy

*****

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Articles by Me

Recent visitors

Hire me on oDesk

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2009-2014

Back to TOP