Buy copyright free artwork

Portrait of Michael Connelly

Sunday, February 5, 2012

I noticed that I often get inspired by a piece of music, a book or a movie so much that I feel the urge to draw a portrait of the author whose wonderful work made my heart beat faster with admiration of his/her talent. I’ve been thinking about creating a series of portraits of people who inspire me with their creative work. I believe this portrait series could be quite interesting as it would certainly include some faces you never expected to see in this blog. Faces like this of Michael Connelly.

Michael Connelly impressed me with his books and particularly with the series of novels featuring Mickey Haller – a defense attorney whose flexible mind and interesting personality made me want to know more about what it is to be a lawyer in the USA. Before I tried to read Connelly’s first legal novel featuring Mickey Haller (“The Lincoln Lawyer”), I thought lawyer’s life was too boring. However the author managed to create a fascinating story with mind battles in courts which proved to be rather interesting even for a person having nothing to do with all that legal stuff. By the way, “The Lincoln Lawyer” was adapted for film in 2011. I have not watched the movie yet but my personal belief that any film is unlikely to be better than the book it is based on.

So being inspired by Michael Connelly and his defense attorney character Mickey Haller, I created this author’s portrait.

Michael Connelly, author of The Lincoln Lawyer
Michael Connelly

*****

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Articles by Me

Recent visitors

Hire me on oDesk

The On Demand Global Workforce - oDesk

  © Igor Lukyanov (Ukrainian artist and illustrator) 2009-2014

Back to TOP